Shady Acres’ Caramel Pear Bread
We loved Shady Acres’ Coffee Cake so much, we asked them for another winter recipe. They shared with us their version of Cinnamon Bread. You can use any bread dough recipe of your choice and just add a little sugar and a bit more butter or shortening to the dough. (A store-bought bread dough works too!) Instead of making a bread, cut the roll into slices for caramel pear rolls.
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
1. In a mixing bowl combine 1 ½ cups flour and the yeast.
2. Heat milk, sugar, shortening and salt until just warm.
3. Add to dry ingredients.
4. Add egg
5. Beat for 3 min
6. Add remaining flour and mix until a soft dough forms.
7. Place in a greased bowl—turn to grease top.
8. Cover and let rise in a warm space until double.
When dough has risen, roll out into a rectangle. Spread Shady Acres Caramel Pear Jam evenly over the dough and roll up like a jellyroll. Form into bread or rolls. Place on a baking sheet and let rise for another 30 min.
Bake for 30-45 minutes at 400.