STORY Presents: Pitch Night
STORY’s signature “Pitch Night” returns with founder Rachel Shechtman on the hunt for inspiring new products. Envisioned as an open call for designers and makers, the night gives local creatives the opportunity to pitch a physical product to a panel of media, retailers, and the occasional surprise guest. For this go round, former Opening Ceremony VP and current VP of creative projects at Nordstrom, Olivia Kim joins us to serve as a special panelist. We know, OMG!
Ready to step up to the plate?
- Step 1: RSVP to PitchNight@ThisisSTORY.com with images and information about your product. See specific requirements below.
- Step 2: Show up with a finished product – something that’s ready to go if the right person notices.
- Step 3: Mix and mingle with fellow thinkers hoping to make it big.
- Step 4: Step up to the plate and share your product and its story with our panel. You’ll have 3-minutes to tell the panel why your goods are the next great thing.
General Requirements and FAQ’s about Pitch Night
- Due to capacity, STORY can only accommodate a limited number of pitches…so be quick!
- If you’ve already pitched the panel, we ask that you don’t re-register so that others can take a shot.
- Your product must currently be in production (no napkin sketches folks!) ready to be shipped and sold at retail.
- Your submission must include images of your product.
- Pitch Night isn’t a spectator sport – sorry, no plus ones! Due to extremely limited space, only those who have a product to pitch may attend. If there is more than just one maker/creator/owner/founder of your product, please note in your reply.
- Press are welcome to reply with an outlet and credentials.
- You can pitch as many products as you would like, but remember you will only have 3 minutes with the panel.