The Graphic Designer is responsible for contributing to the conceptualization, implementation and execution of design solutions that meet specific STORY needs from specific theme collateral and marketing components. The Graphic Designer will help create designs that tell the stories of STORY. This position will play an integral role on projects in creating concepts, comps, layouts and final art as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Director of Creative Services and Founder to design and create content for Story’s.
- Collaborate and help create the look and feel of each Story, producing a Creative Brief.
- Ability to concept ideas independently and participate in brainstorming and creative concepting with a team
- Have the ability deliver inspiring, provocative, on-brand results, in short amounts of time, on tasks large and small
- Design collateral, proposals, editorial layouts, event collateral and other retail store needs
- Work with the production vendors to ensure the design direction is realized all the way from inception to final delivery at the store or event, etc
- Ability to take ownership of a project and lead it from concept to production.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while meeting assigned deadlines.
- A passion for design and typography is a must.
- Superior attention to detail.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible and able to think and work beyond the creative brief, a problem solver.
- Present designs in a clear and concise manner
- Must be extremely organized with a keen eye for detail, Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- At ease working in a fast paced environment with multiple high priority projects, under pressure of tight deadlines
- Ability to take direction, receive feedback, and execute accordingly
- Ability to use and/or create print templates, source imagery, set files up for print, and work in correct color profiles.
- Knowledge of printing processes with various substrates and mediums with quick turnaround.
- Install collateral/marketing in store (must have experience with vinyl applications and light construction skills)
- High proficiency in the latest Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Google document sharing, and Microsoft Office
- 2-5 years Graphic Design experience, Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, or related field and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and/or education
To Apply please present a link to a Design portfolio or provide pdf samples with resume to HR@thisisstory.com with “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
Also be sure to list any additional creative skills that you may have such as photography, video making & editing, web design, copy writing etc.