As the Event Manager at STORY you will be responsible for supporting the production of each STORY through event programming, event production and management of social media platforms. In this role, you are producing and executing sponsor and consumer events, managing communications online and offline.
As STORY’s Event Manager, you are part of every facet of the events from conception to clean up. You will be working with clients on event details, source and book vendors for food, entertainment, etc. Critical to this role is liaising with Assistant Store Manager, events and retail store leadership on all event details leading up to and day of event.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Liaise with Editorial Team to create events proposal for partners and STORY’s consumer events
- Plan, design and produce events while managing all project delivery elements within specified timelines
- Liaise with store leadership to manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes, when necessary
- Manage website RSVP process
- Provide administrative support to COO
- Assist with the management of all on-site logistics during active event times including, but not limited to: event set up, physical install, catering, floor set up, retail operations, vendor deliveries, and staff coordination
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key vendors, and event participants.
- Work to create new partnerships with brands and organizations which improve event outcomes
- Perform other tasks as needed
- 3-5 years of experience in event coordination
- Skilled in project management
- Knowledge of marketing techniques for event management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred