Words of Wisdom from Seth Godin
On Thursday, March 2, 6-7PM, we’re hosting a conversation with bestselling author Seth Godin. This special evening for fans and fellow entrepreneurs will cover the way ideas spread, marketing, quitting, leadership, and – most of all – how to change everything. It’s also a celebration of Seth’s latest book, What Does It Sound Like When You Change Your Mind? an 800 page, 17 pound collection of some of his work from the last four years, including posts, ebooks, and rarities.
- Dig your well before you’re thirsty.
- Normal is fading away. Governments and industries and schools like normal, because it’s easier, it scales and it’s profitable. But people don’t like it – we want to be who we are, not who some marketer tells us to be.
- The danger of the Web is that you can go from idea to public announcement in under ten minutes.
- What tribes are, is a very simple concept that goes back 50 million years. It’s about leading and connecting people and ideas. And it’s something that people have wanted forever.
- Being aware of your fear is smart. Overcoming it is the mark of a successful person.